October 14, 2016
8:00am – 6:00pm
Anyone who visits the Oregon coast can feel that it is a special place, but how can we communicate its value to students? Educators themselves must first have an appreciation of the cultural and ecological wealth our coastal environment provides. You will have the opportunity to learn, play, and explore in our spectacular seaside setting at this year’s Coastal Learning Symposium!
Oregon Coast Aquarium’s 6th annual Coastal Learning Symposium invites pre-K-12 educators, informal educators, higher education professionals and others to come together to share and refine their skills for using the ocean, forest and community as a context for learning across grades and subjects.
The goals of the Coastal Learning Symposium are to:
- Empower educators to use their community and local natural resources to engage students in learning
- Share best practices in STEM and interdisciplinary instruction
- Introduce student learning opportunities and resources for coastal and environmental education
- Create a community of educators who can support each other as they implement new materials in the classroom
- Provide practical tools to help foster a more ocean-literate community and society
We are excited to offer a variety of break-out sessions, workshops and field trips at this year’s event. Browse the entire event program and register here: https://sites.google.com/site/coastalearningseries/courses/2016-coastal-learning-symposium/conference-schedule-program
- Early bird registration ($35) ends Sept 11th
- Regular registration ($45) ends at 10am Oct 13th
(no day-of registration is available this year)
Pre-registration is required and space is limited, so don’t delay – register today!