Hosted by Southern Oregon ESD and the Curriculum Council:
Kick start the teacher training in your district on the Next Generation Science Standards!
Build your team of experts by giving them a powerful tool kit of resources and a solid understanding of the NGSS. This workshop uses the interactive e-book Discover the NGSS: Primer and Unit Planner to prepare participants to conduct comprehensive teacher training around the new standards.
This two-day workshop focuses on using the elements of the three dimensions to inform instructional design; assessing classroom learning; and integrating the three dimensions to plan a unit of instruction. Participants will explore the Discover the NGSS content and tools while learning effective tips for facilitating training in their own schools and districts. Perhaps most important, all participants receive the e-book and can return to it time and again to enhance their own understanding.
All participants receive:
- Discover the NGSS: Primer and Unit Planner enhanced e-book
- The Discover the NGSS facilitators guide to help you replicate the workshop in your district
- The NSTA Quick-Reference Guide to the NGSS, K–12, edited by Ted Willard
- All presentation materials, including slides and handouts
- The ongoing support they need to be leaders via the NSTA Learning Center
Workshop Location – Room267 at the Medford School District Office 815 S. Oakdale Ave.Medford, OR 97501
Lunch will be provided.
All participants will need to bring a laptop or iPad / tablet to view materials during the training.