“Cybersecurity is one of today’s hottest technical fields, with some experts forecasting a shortage of up to 1 million of trained professionals in the coming years. Careers in cybersecurity can be incredibly rewarding, high paying, and are in demand worldwide in just about every industry.
The camp’s goal is to provide motivated high school students with a hands-on, introductory experience to cybersecurity principles, including hands-on implementation of cybersecurity policies and practices in Windows and Ubuntu operating systems. These are core skills applicable in any cybersecurity career, as well as providing students with an “on-ramp” to further high-school educational cybersecurity activities such as the “capture the flag” competitions.”
- Date: Monday July 17th through Friday July 21st, 2017
- Camp Times: 9 am to 4 pm, except Friday which completes at 1 pm.
- Camp Reception: The program includes an evening reception (July 20th) for parents, students, instructors and sponsors.
- Location #1, Girls Only, Lincoln High School, 1600 SW Salmon St, Portland, OR 97205, Room #223
- Location #2, Co-Ed, Center for Advanced Learning, 1484 NW Civic Dr. Gresham, OR 97030.
- Location #3, Co-Ed, Mentor Graphics, 8005 Boeckman Rd, Wilsonville, OR 97070.
- Cost: $150. Scholarships available based on financial need.
- Food: Lunches provided.
- Each camp facility supports a maximum of 25 students, and will be limited to that size so each student will have a dedicated computer system.