“Education plays a critical role in solving the world’s most pressing energy challenges. Solar 4R Schools fosters educator leadership focused on integration of renewable energy science and technology into STEM education. Our innovative approach makes our program uniquely able to address critical issues around climate change, energy generation and national security, STEM workforce development and teacher preparation. Solar 4R Schools leverages the emergence and growth of distributed energy solutions to demonstrate a real-world example that facilitates interactive learning experiences for students while increasing energy literacy and preparing them for STEM related careers.”
Participating teachers will be part of a small group of educators that collaborate throughout the year to design, test and implement exciting new lessons into their classrooms while diving deeper into renewable energy science and technology. Along with access to renewable energy content experts, teachers also receive a $5000 stipend and up to $3500 in materials to test and implement up to 3 renewable energy units/lessons. These new units/lessons will become part of the Solar 4R Schools Online Educator Library, and available for use for teachers around the country.
To support this development work, participating teachers will receive:
- Access to renewable energy content specialists
- Supportive peer review and feedback of developing lessons
- $5,000 stipend to develop and test lessons
- Up to $500 in materials for summer testing phase
- Up to $1,000 in materials for implementing their lesson in the classroom
- Up to $2,000 in materials for testing and implementing up to two additional lessons
- BEF Solar 4R Schools will only accept electronic proposals via email.
- Proposals are due May 25th, 2016 by 11:59 pm.
- Proposals should be emailed to Solar 4R Schools
- Proposals should be submitted as an email with attachments as either .pdf or .doc files.