Oregon STEM Professionals, learn how you can get involved in Salmon Bowl this year!
GENERAL INFO MEETING
January 12, 2017, 6-7 PM
Gilfillan Auditorium at Oregon State University
All volunteers get FREE food and a T-shirt!
For more information, visit the website: http://ceoas.oregonstate.edu/outreach/salmonbowl/ or email the 2017 Regional Coordinators Deanna Caracciolo and Kei Lin Chang at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is Salmon Bowl?
The National Oceanic Sciences Bowl (NOSB) is a nationally recognized and highly acclaimed high school academic marine sciences competition. Schools form teams of 4-5 students to compete in a quiz-bowl to win great prizes, scholarships, and a chance to compete at the national competition. OSU’s College of Earth, Ocean, and Atmospheric Sciences hosts Salmon Bowl, Oregon’s regional NOSB. Each year, over 150 students, teachers, and community members volunteer to help enrich science teaching and learning. Together, we enhance public understanding and stewardship of the oceans white promoting student exposure to STEM.
Recruit as many volunteers as possible to help with the many facets involved in making this competition come to life! We need volunteers not only for the main event on Saturday February 18th, but we will also need volunteers to help with set-up and practice rounds on Friday, February 17th.
Save these dates!
· General Info Meeting: January 12, 2017 from 6-7pm
· Salmon Bowl main event: February 18, 2017
· NOSB Nationals: April 20-23, 2017
Volunteer opportunities are divided into two categories, game official and support staff. If you have prior NOSB/Salmon Bowl experience and/or have a preference for your role, please let us know!
1. Rules Judge
2. Science Judge
1. Room set-up and breakdown
2. Volunteer and Team check-in
3. Food (pick-up and serving)
4. Break room management
5. Other general logistics
Call for Teams!
- We are looking for science educators with bright enthusiastic students to form teams of 4-5 students to come compete at the 20th Annual Salmon Bowl! Prizes include trips, scholarships, and a chance to move onto the national competition which will also be hosted by Oregon State University this year! Financial assistance is available to aid in travel and lodging.
- Contact email@example.com for more information
- Registration deadline January 11th, 2017
This information was provided by the 2017 Regional Coordinators Deanna Caracciolo and Kei Lin Chang
Gilfillan Auditorium (cam